Polypropylene filler yarn
Ashraf plastic works is a leading cable filler material manufacturer in Pakistan. We have a variety of filler yarns in production ranging in different sizes and packages to best suit your cable manufacturing business. Our Polypropylene filler yarn production is high quality and reliable solution for all kinds of cables and insulation for high tension electrical cables.
Polypropylene (PP) is a thermoplastic polymer. It has a long list of applications in the industrial as well as domestic products. Polypropylene is harder and heat resistant hence its yarn used for wrapping the core wire in all types of telecommunication and power cables, and more.
The density of (PP) is between 0.895 and 0.92 g/cm³. Therefore, it is the commodity plastic with the lowest density. With lower density, moldings parts with lower weight and more parts of a certain mass of plastic can be produced. This property of Polypropylene makes it ideal for producing filler yarn. It has a melting point from 160 to 166 °C (320 to 331 °F), it is an optimal choice for using as a protecting coat of wires inside the cables.
Cable Fillers made of virgin polypropylene yarns are considered as best wrapping material and are widely used inside cables electrical, both high and low tension, cables manufacturing process. High quality and both high & low twist fillers are manufactured from 5,000 Denier to 1,300,000 Deniers, wound on paper or plastic core as well as wooden or steel drums according to the specifications required of the cables. It can be a twist or non-twist, available in many customized colors. The twisting is made following customer requirements either Z twist or S twist.
- Polypropylene is produced in an extensive amount through the synthetic process and its production is much greater than the natural fibers. So, it fills the need for cable manufacturing.
- Pure super grade filler yarn is made of 100% Polypropylene which is a wicking fabric that prevents moisture and water absorption hence giving the cables a protected and secured cover by neglecting the chances of water interference.
- Polypropylene filler yarns are very much tensile and flexible, hence they can be ideally used for twisted layers of cables.
- Because of its tangibility, a long yarn can be produced without joints.
- Some Polypropylene filler is flame and heat resistant which is good for the safety of cables and fire incidents.
- All the polypropylene has a high thermal expansion coefficient which limits its high-temperature applications.
- It is easily affected by UV degradation. Therefore, it needs additives like Carbon Black to prevent rapid deterioration with UV exposure.
- Poor scrape resistance.
Polyethylene yarn (PE) is used in cables. It is made of polymerized polyethylene units. PE has Low specific gravity or it floats on water. Extremely low humidity is restored in PE yarns. Also, it dries quickly. One more unique feature of PE yarn is that it is Mildew and insect resistant. Polyethylene filling yarn is a good alternative as it is Abrasion and Sunlight resistant. It is brilliant in resistance to acids and bases.
Glass filler yarn
Glass yarn is another great alternative for PP filler yarn. It is a silica-based material, is a natural fiber, but useful to fiberglass as yarn. Fiberglass breaks very easily and is difficult to work with. It does not absorb water and is very short in length. However, it is very strong when the fibers are in an oriented direction. Glass yarn is fairly resistant to acids, heat, chemicals, and bases. It is very economic versus other alternative products within this service segment at the wire and cable sector.
Aramid filler yarn
Aramid is a synthetic fiber manufactured from a fiber-forming material long-chain synthetic polyamide. It has low flammability, high tenacity, and flexibility. Aramid is resistant to heat and scrape.
Ashraf plastic works are the leading cable filler manufacturer of Pakistan. Our Polypropylene filler yarn is made with high preciseness and quality standards. Our filling fibers best meet your business, technical and economic needs. We produce two types of PP filler yarn.
First High grade which is made with Calcium carbonate (CaCO3) to make it cost-efficient. The light-weight high grade is suitable for all kinds of cable fillings.
The other PP filler product is super grade made with 100% Polypropylene. The fiber is resistant to water, acid, and mildew and possesses reliable strength to protect the cable core. We also offer Large Formate Spooling.
We offer all the yarns at the best quality and at a reasonable price. All of our products are manufactured by keeping in mind the cost of the overall process and more specifically the price of packages. Here you get your filling materials in a reasonable range of price.